Nickel cell optimization

Florian Schiffmann flosch... at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:56:06 UTC 2014

Hi Alex,

try playing with some options in the SCF section, e.g. mixing parameter,
diis settings, outer_scf loop,... The system might be hard to converge in
the first step and therefore needs some tweaking.
The second error, as written in the error message has nothing to do with
the cell optimzation but the point that you have activated the calculation
of dipole moments (DFT PRINT MOMENTS or HIGH print level). In combination
with smearing (non uniform occupation) this is not implemented and
therefore the calcualtion stops. If you remove the moment section the
calculation will run through even without a perfectly converged
wavefunction.

Cheers
Flo