[CP2K:5925] Re: Performance Issue on GPU

Samuel Andermatt samuel.a... at student.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 18 07:22:31 UTC 2014

Yes, that is probably the file ( I am using the development version,
therefore my path was slightly different).  You have to modify the version
with GPU and then recompile it. These triples generate the code to multiply
matrix blocks of a given size with each other. The sizes of the blocks are
given by the basis set.
triples += combinations(16,22) means that the elements that correspond to
the interaction between atoms with 16 and 22 basis functions (and 16 with
16 and 22 with 22) are ported to the GPU.
The GPU is especially efficient with somewhat larger blocks (higher quality
basis set).

Best

Samuel