Issue with running CP2K on multi-GPU node

Abhishek Bagusetty abhishek... at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 16:53:51 UTC 2014

Hi Vedran,

I tried to hard-code the device index to acc_set_active_device(#) and when
I tried to use 1 node -> all cores and a particular device-ID #, somehow
all the other device indices gets into the picture. This happens when using
MPI.

The goal is to use 1 node, all cores and a particular device-ID # using MPI
(popt). I changed the line : 199 at cp2k_runs.F and even initialized the
device_ID=# in acc/include/acc.h. But somehow, the other device IDs gets
in. I have tried a serial run using a particular GPU and this config worked
fine. Some how, using mpirun is messing things around.

It looks like there are no other places from where a set_device_active()
can be invoked other than cp2k_runs.F. Do you have an idea what could be
going on?

Thanks,
Abhishek