[CP2K:5395] Re: graphite in CP2K

Michele Ceriotti michele.... at gmail.com
Wed May 28 19:57:03 UTC 2014

Dear Matt (and Marcella who basically replied the same in private),

   Thanks a million, using the molopt basis set does fix things. I had
tried both the dzvp from basis_sets and gth_basis_set, and I was getting
similar nonsense.

I am a bit scared seeing how much difference it makes changing the basis
set. Any idea why graphite should be such a nasty beast? I had experimented
with different basis sets for water and never saw such a dramatic effect.

All the best,
Michele