Possible bug in reported force constants after vibrational analysis

Leopold Talirz leopold... at gmail.com
Sun May 25 21:33:06 UTC 2014

Dear Matthias,

thank you very much for your quick reply.
I am really not well familiar with normal mode analysis (nor its
implementation), so please tell me if I am talking nonsense, but I thought
the eigenvalues of the Hessian were proportional to konst instead of
SQRT(konst)?

At least with the naive definition of a force constant that I am familiar
with, i.e. you have a potential like U=1/2 * konst * x^2

Or, in other words, could you please direct me to a reference/book that I
should read to understand how the force constants are defined in CP2K?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Leopold