Fixing a bond in DFT

Ari Paavo Seitsonen Ari.P.S... at gmail.com
Sat May 24 11:00:05 UTC 2014

Dear Pankaj Mishra,

  You can do it during molecular dynamics using section

CP2K_INPUT / MOTION / CONSTRAINT / COLLECTIVE

and specifying it in

CP2K_INPUT / FORCE_EVAL / SUBSYS / COLVAR

  During geometry optimisation ("GEO_OPT") it is not possible to constraint
a bond exactly, but one can work with RESTRAIN and make the condition be
_almost_ fulfilled.

  The FIXED_ATOMS works only if the bond to be fixed is along one Cartesian
axis and the specific coordinate along the direction of the bond can be
fixed; this is usually not possible, but it depends on your system.

    Greetings from Zurich,

       apsi