use the empirical correction term of DFT-D3 in the classical MD

JianBiao jianbia... at gmail.com
Sat May 24 01:38:32 UTC 2014

Dear Marco,
    Thank you for your reply. I am sorry I didn't say my question clearly.
During the force-matching process, one can use the forces calculated from
the PBE-AIMD as the references, then one can parameterize some parameters
in the force field such as V(A, B, .. C6=0, C8=0). Because PBE fails to
describe the dispersion effects, one cannot get the C6 and C8 from the
force-matching. Then during the MD simulation, one can use the Grimme's
damped empirical correction terms to calculate the dispersion parts. So I
think this method is reasonable. Could you please give some comments? Could
someone please help to add the DFT-D3 to the classical MD parts?

Best, JianBiao

在 2014年5月24日星期六UTC+8上午7时45分00秒,Marco写道: