[CP2K:5279] "Illegal instruction"

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassma... at ucl.ac.uk
Tue May 13 11:05:08 UTC 2014

Hi David,

one trick here might be to use the path to the  dynamic library, if you use
that one, i.e.:

-Wl,--rpath=/path/to/atlas/lib/

That way you do not have to mess around with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or suchlike as it
is all contained in the binary file.

All the best from London!

Jörg

On Tuesday 13 May 2014 09:38:29 David Abergel wrote:
> Yes, I'm not sure why I didn't think to try gdb. Thanks for the reminder.
>
> Doing this showed that the failure was in the blas library - the dynamic
> linker had found a libblas.so that was not part of atlas. When I changed
> the arch file to point the linker towards the static library from atlas,
> the QS tests all run without a hitch.
>
> Sorry for taking your time with such a trivial question.
>
> David
>
> On Tuesday, 13 May 2014 10:11:40 UTC+2, IBethune wrote:
> > You can also check where the crash occurs by opening the core file using
> > the gdb debugger e.g.
> >
> > gdb “path_to_exe” “path_to_core”
> >
> > Then typing ‘bt’ to get a backtrace.  This might give some indication of
> > which library and/or part of CP2K the crash originated from.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > - Iain

Dr. Jörg Saßmannshausen, MRSC
University College London