pseudopotential settings with non-local vdW functionals

Wei wei.a... at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 16 20:45:34 UTC 2014

Dear all,

we are testing the calculations with non-local vdW functionals
(cp2k.2.4). We noticed that in all the testing files, argon01.inp -
argon11.inp, the pseudopotential (pp) settings are PADE, which is used
for LDA calculations. Since the xc functionals are re-constructed for
non-local vdW, we are wondering how to set pp, in particular, rVV10,
where no LDA contribution exists.  Shall one use GTH-PBE-q8 instead of
GTH-PADE-q8 in this case (argon11.inp; see bottom)? We do observe a big
difference in energy for different choice of pp. It seems that the pp
won't be overridden after loading the new xc functionals. Any
instruction will be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Wei

&GLOBAL
   PROJECT argon
   RUN_TYPE CELL_OPT
   PRINT_LEVEL LOW
&END GLOBAL
&FORCE_EVAL
   METHOD QS
   STRESS_TENSOR ANALYTICAL
   &DFT
     BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME ../BASIS_MOLOPT
     POTENTIAL_FILE_NAME ../POTENTIAL
     &MGRID
       CUTOFF 180
     &END MGRID
     &QS
       METHOD GPW
     &END QS
     &SCF
       SCF_GUESS ATOMIC
       MAX_SCF 2
       EPS_SCF 1.0e-4
     &END SCF
     &XC
*      &XC_FUNCTIONAL**
**        &LIBXC**
**          FUNCTIONAL XC_GGA_X_RPW86 XC_GGA_C_PBE**
**        &END LIBXC*
*      &END XC_FUNCTIONAL*
       &vdW_POTENTIAL
          DISPERSION_FUNCTIONAL NON_LOCAL
          &NON_LOCAL
            TYPE *RVV10*
            PARAMETERS 6.3 0.0093
            VERBOSE_OUTPUT
            KERNEL_FILE_NAME ../rVV10_kernel_table.dat
            CUTOFF  80
          &END NON_LOCAL
       &END vdW_POTENTIAL
     &END XC