[CP2K:5058] Re: Implementing new functionals

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Mar 12 09:06:21 UTC 2014

Hi

attached are the files with the new parameters. I hope you have
an independent source for testing. The rVV10 is slightly different
from the VV10 and I don't know exactly how the parameters should be
translated.
Be careful when using this functional in periodic boundary condition.
You have to use the truncated long range exchange.

regards

Juerg

the input section:

    &XC
      &XC_FUNCTIONAL
        &BECKE97
            PARAMETRIZATION  wB97X-V
            SCALE_X 1.0
            SCALE_C 1.0
        &END
      &END XC_FUNCTIONAL
      &HF
        &SCREENING
           EPS_SCHWARZ 1.0E-8 #to be determined
        &END
        &INTERACTION_POTENTIAL
           POTENTIAL_TYPE MIX_CL
           SCALE_COULOMB   0.833
           SCALE_LONGRANGE 0.167
           OMEGA 0.30
        &END
        &MEMORY
          MAX_MEMORY  10  #depends on your computer
        &END
      &END
      &vdW_POTENTIAL
         DISPERSION_FUNCTIONAL NON_LOCAL
         &NON_LOCAL
           TYPE RVV10
           PARAMETERS 6.0 0.01  #can they be taken as is?
           VERBOSE_OUTPUT
           KERNEL_FILE_NAME ../rVV10_kernel_table.dat
           CUTOFF  80  #to be determined
         &END NON_LOCAL
      &END vdW_POTENTIAL
   &END XC

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie                  FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland