[CP2K:5050] Re: restarting from an already optimized structure

SRKC Sharma Yamijala sharma... at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 09:39:06 UTC 2014

Dear Dr. Flo,

Thanks a lot for the reply. My main aim of this project is to study the
gold clusters on graphene quantum dots (GQDs) and compare the energies of
different conformers of gold clusters on these GQDs. I have varied the GQDs
from monolayer (290 atoms) to trilayer (830 atoms) in the studies. I have
attached the coordinates of GQD+Au cluster for the input which I have given
in the previous post (name of the file doesn't represent the original
system, though).

I took 38*38*38 box to avoid any interaction between the periodic images
and I also used Poisson solver to truncate the wavefunction at the edges
for the same reason.

*If it is useful:* My main aim is to check which gold conformer is more
stable on a GQD. When I checked the difference in the energies (between two
conformers) by varying the cutoff from 320 to 500 Ry it didn't change more
than 0.01 eV, and hence, I got satisfied with 320 Ry. But, I am also
suffering from faster convergence of the calculations. Indeed the
convergence issues are becoming more problematic when I am considering
bigger systems (i.e. bi-layer or tri-layer GQDs). But, I have also observed
that, with the same 320 Ry cutoff, the PBE calculations converged pretty
faster.

Thanking you for your valuable time,
Sincerely,
Chaitanya Sharma.