Why can't cell optimization converge?

Enlong Liu liuen... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 11:03:06 UTC 2014

Fellows,

I am practicing CP2K by doing cell optimization and geometry optimization
to CNT. In the cell_opt, I choose 'DIRECT_CELL_OPT*: Performs a geometry
and cell optimization at the same time. The stress tensor is computed at
every step* '. And the max SCF iteration is 1000. However, every time I run
the program, the program always used all 1000 iteration to get the result,
which in my opinion, means the result does not converge. It seems like for
every step, the threshold for energy is satisfied but between steps the
threshold for geometry can not be satisfied. Could you help me to solve
this issue?

PS: the input file is in the attachment in the reply below. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,
Enlong