VIBRATIONAL_ANALYSIS crashing

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 18:55:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

if you request intensities for a vibrational calculation, then you need to
tell the method you are using to calculate dipole moments to get the change
in dipole moment by finite differences.

For plain QS DFT you need to switch on

CP2K_INPUT <http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT.html> / FORCE_EVAL
<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL.html> / DFT
<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT.html> / PRINT
<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PRINT.html> /
MOMENTS
<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PRINT/MOMENTS.html>

If you were using a different method, maybe a more complicated mixed
Hamiltonian for example, then you'd have to add some extra keywords to get
the resulting dipole changes from that method.

Matt