Molecular Polarizability

August Melcher august... at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 22:30:39 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I'm interested in using CP2K to compute molecular polarizabilities. Running
with the raman option outputs a polarizability tensor which I assume is for
the entire system, however I cannot seem to figure if CP2K can compute a
polarizability tensor for individual atoms/molecules. I know CP2K can print
out Wannier functions which could be used to compute molecular
polarizability tensors, but I am wondering if there is a way to do this
already built in to CP2K

Attached is an input and out file of a computation which yields what I am
assuming is a bulk polarizability tensor.

Thanks,
August