BLYP Geometry Optimization Problem for CO2-H2O dimer

Hang Xiao xiaoh... at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 03:07:32 UTC 2014

Hi, guys,

When I examine the result of a simple geo_opt job with BLYP functional, I
find a weird problem that the result is not even symmetrical when it should
be.

The system is a CO2-H2O dimer in a 15*15*15 Angstrom periodic box, which is
a very simple one. I don't know why the result can be so obviously
erroneous. After some tests, I find that using PBE instead of BLYP can
solve the problem. Also, set CENTER_COORDINATES as true can also do the
trick.

So the problem is with BLYP functional, I couldn't get reasonable result
out of this pretty simple system. The input file and trajectory file
obtained with CP2K 2.6 are in attachment.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Best,

Hang