[CP2K:5377] PADE xc_function calculate hydrogen bond and weak interaction

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Jun 10 09:28:19 UTC 2014

Hi

the BLYP functional might need a higher cutoff, but most other
GGA functionals should work fine with lower cutoffs. I don't know
what you consider converged but you can check in any of the
hundreds of water papers for setups.
If you concentrate on CP2K water papers you will also find that
some people work with a density/gradient smoothing.

LDA (PADE) gives very bad results for water, don't use it.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland