Geometry optimization by using LIBXC caused no SCF iteration with error NaN

Geoffrey Wood ge.f... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 13:16:39 UTC 2014

I was wondering if this problem is resolvable or will be addressed in
version 2.6?  I can run Hybrid-GGA functionals (eg B3LYP and PBE0) using
the libxc library but hybrid-meta-GGAs all fail at the SCF (i.e not a
geometry optimization just a single-point). I've compiled CP2k version
2.5.1 svn:13632 and libxc version 2.01.  I've tried to run M06 and BR89
both of with stop at the SCF initiation. However the TPSS functional, which
doesn't have an HF section as given in the CP2K tests does run (i.e
H2O-tpssx_libxc.inp). As a side question the libxc library contains both
exchange and correlation parts of these functionals, i.e. XC_MGGA_X_M06 and
XC_MGGA_C_M06 are these suppossd to be combined somehow?

Thanks