[CP2K:5373] Re: cp2k and libxc

Marco synerg... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 00:21:13 UTC 2014

Dear Dr. Hutter and Mathias,

As an update to the previous posts on this thread. I linked the libxc 2.1.0
library to the CP2K-2.5.1 code to try out some of the most recent Minnesota
functionals. In the few calculations that I have run so far, everything
seems to be working fine. I need to run more tests for validation. As Dr.
Hutter mentioned, one needs to make additions to the xc_libxc.F file
contained in the src directory in order to use the newest functionals
available in the 2.1.0 version of libxc. As one example, I am using the
N12-SX Minnesota functional. I added the following two lines at the end of
the xc_libxc.F file before re-compiling.

    IF (TRIM(func_name) == 'XC_GGA_X_N12_SX')               get_func_id =
241  !  N12-SX functional of Minnesota
    IF (TRIM(func_name) == 'XC_GGA_C_N12_SX')               get_func_id =
242  !  N12-SX functional of Minnesota

Hopefully I did this correctly. Mathias- if you have tested the libxc 2.1.0
library with CP2K I would be interested if everything has worked out well
for your tests.

Best regards,
Marco