[CP2K:4912] qs_dftb_parameters.F error . a bug?

Ralph Koitz ralph... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:33:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

The drawback of DFTB is, that you need parameter sets for each *pair* of
atoms in your system. I.e. C-Cl, C-H, C-C, C-F, Cl-H, Cl-F, Cl-Cl, F-H,
F-F, H-H in your case.
The standard cp2k release only contains a small number of parametrized
pairs - in particular halogens are not available. You can try to look
online for other sets that include all your desired chemical elements (
www.dftb.org) and use them instead of the default in cp2k.

Otherwise you are pretty much out of luck, unless you are willing to
generate your own parameters.

Best,
Ralph