[CP2K:4873] How to install CP2k in UBUNTU 12.04 LTS

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski rat... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 10:29:02 UTC 2014

Hello Irtaza,

On Tuesday, 07 January 2014 at 08:44, Irtaza Hassan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am graduate student, just started wroking on materials modeling and
> simulations.
>
> I want to use CP2K, but i don't know how to install it,,,,,I am also new on
> LINUX.
>
> Please someone provide step by step installation procedure of CP2 in ubuntu
> 12.04 LTS.

I don't want to discourage you from using Ubuntu if that's what your
colleagues or friends use, but on Fedora it's available in the
distribution repositories, so you don't have to compile it yourself.

On Fedora can install it using "yum install cp2k" command from a
terminal window (as root) or using any of the available software
installers.

I know it's also available for Debian, for example.

Regards,
Dominik

--
The Fremen were supreme in that quality the ancients called "spannungsbogen"
-- which is the self-imposed delay between desire for a thing and the act of