Warning on forces using DFT_PLUS_U LOWDIN. Implemented or not?

Matthias Krack matthia... at psi.ch
Wed Feb 5 07:51:56 UTC 2014

Dear Gabriele,

it means that forces are not available for the DFT+U method LOWDIN. You
have to use the DFT+U method MULLIKEN. You may try to converge the initial
SCF run with U=0eV firstly and then try to restart with DFT+U. DFT+U is
sensible to weird charge densities which may easily occur during the first
SCF iteration steps when starting from scratch.

Matthias