Mixed - Linear combination

Francesco Ambrosio francesco... at epfl.ch
Mon Dec 15 12:22:57 UTC 2014

Dear CP2K users and Developers,

I would like to gradually carry out an oxidation reaction of a system with
0 charge to a system with charge +1.
In order to fulfill this goal, I would like to use the mixed - linear
combination feature implemented in CP2K which enable to obtain the
Hamiltonian of a mixed system from the Hamiltonian of the reactant and the
product:
H(k) = k*H(p) + (1-k)Hr
where k is the Kirkwood coupling parameter.
I tried to understand the practical procedure from the manual and from the
tests provided in cp2k but, honestly, I was not able to understand how to
build properly the input for such a calculation.
Therefore, I would be grateful if someone could clarify to me this issue.

Best Regards

Francesco Ambrosio