Additive QM/MM setup

Dave McKay daveda... at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 14:51:55 UTC 2014

Dear all,

A few of us from my group attended the CP2K course in London in the Autumn
and were particularly interested in the dissociation free energy exercise (
http://www.cp2k.org/exercises:2014_ethz_mmm:index - Lecture 13).  We have
since repeated this and also done the gas phase part with DFT-D3 (BP86 and
PBE).

We are now interested in combining our DFT input with the FIST input from
the lecture in an additive QM/MM scheme (we want to use the additive scheme
because we'd like to move on to anions for which we have no MM parameters).

In the notes we received there was a description of the input for a
subtractive QM/MM and also theoretical background for electrostatic
embedding and an intro to GEEP.  However I can't find an example of how to
run this.  I've taken some pointers from the example here:
http://www.cp2k.org/exercises:2014_uzh_molsim:chp_cu111

My input as it stands is attached - I think the sections I have so far are
OK(?) but I also think there are sections missing (QMMM? GEEP?).

I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks,

Dave