[CP2K:5925] cp2k trunk and intel 2015-u1

Iain Bethune ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Dec 9 22:07:37 UTC 2014

Hi Alin,

We only have the 2015.0 release on our automated tester at present (ifort 15.0.0, impi 5.0.1, mkl 11.2.0).  There are a couple of outstanding bugs which will cause crashes when running an OpenMP build (ssmp or psmp).  See http://cp2k-www.epcc.ed.ac.uk for arch files that work in these cases.  However, if you are not using OpenMP (i.e. sopt, popt) then the whole code should run OK when compiled with -O2.

If you could debug a little further and provide a short test case & compiler flags that would recreate the problem that would be great and I would be happy to submit a bug to Intel.  In our experience it is often the optimiser that breaks things and if might be worth recompiling the file where the crash occurs with -O0 or -O1 as a workaround.

Cheers

- Iain

--

Iain Bethune
Project Manager, EPCC

Email: ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Twitter: @IainBethune
Web: http://www2.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~ibethune
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
Mob: +44 (0)7598317015
Addr: 2404 JCMB, The King's Buildings, Peter Guthrie Tait Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3FD