[CP2K:5206] RI-MP2 basis set generation

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Fri Apr 25 08:06:32 UTC 2014

Hi

it is unfortunately not easy to get good RI basis sets. The generation
of those basis sets depends on your primary basis and needs a lot of
human interaction. CP2K can do basis set optimizations and for the
RI-MP2 case you can find some examples in the regtest directories
../tests/QS/regtest-ri-mp2

I would start with a RI basis for a comparable all-electron basis
that you can find on the net (e.g. EMSL database).
Delete the large exponents and the inner shells and use that as
initial guess. Check the output of the optimization for close
exponents and large coefficients.
Finally test your basis against full MP2.

best regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie                  FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland