[CP2K:5202] Re: Implementing new functionals

Michael Banck mba... at gmx.net
Tue Apr 22 23:27:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 03:26:55PM -0700, August Melcher wrote:
> I'm currently getting this error when I run with the aug-cc-pVQZ basis, but
> not with aug-cc-pVDZ.
>
>  ****************************************************************************
>  *** 15:21:22 ERRORL2 in hfx_libint_wrapper:initialize_libderiv processor
> ***
>  *** 0  :: err=-300 the angular momentum needed exceeds the value assumed
> ***
>  *** when configuring libderiv
>  ***
>  ****************************************************************************

I can reproduce this with stock Debian/Ubuntu packages and the attached reduced
input file, which required much less memory.

There are two things here:

1. the HFX module appears to initialize libderiv, which should only be
required for forces, but your job is a single-point calculation.  I was
able to reproduce a failure with PSI3 when running a geometry
optimization of Ar2, but not for a single-point run, so I think CP2K
should be able to do it in principle as well.

2. The default --with-libderiv-max-am1 configure option for the libint
library is 3, and the aug-cc-pVQZ basis for Ar has an angular momentum
of 4.  So you can recompile libint with higher --with-libderiv-max-am1
(and maybe --with-libderiv-max-am2, just to be sure) options and link
CP2K against it.

Michael