Geometry optimization by using LIBXC caused no SCF iteration with error NaN

Marco synerg... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 04:33:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

Something that comes to mind is the inclusion of HF exchange in going from
the PBE functional to the M06-2X functional. Since your input file
parameters were not shown, I want to mention that you should probably
include a &HF section in your input file
(http://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2_5-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/XC/HF.html)
when using the M06-2X functional. If you need examples of the &HF section,
I would look into the regtest files for sample inputs. I usually grep for
the concepts of interest. For example, to get examples of the use of the
&HF section, I would go into the QS directory:

cd /cp2k-2.5.1/tests/QS/

and then grep for &HF

grep -i '&HF' */*.inp

The grep will provide a list of files which make use of the &HF section.

Something like the following may be useful for specifying the HF exchange
parameters in calculations that make use of HF exchange such as the M06-2X
functional:
 &XC
    FUNCTIONAL_ROUTINE NEW
    DENSITY_CUTOFF 1.0E-10