restarting NEB calculations.

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassma... at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 26 11:31:06 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I know that question has been asked before but I could not find the answer to
it so I am posting it again.

How do I restart a NEB calculation?

I tried it that way here:

! Possibly restart (if explicitly requested)
@IF 1
&EXT_RESTART ON
  RESTART_DEFAULT F
  RESTART_FILE_NAME sm-scan3-1_275.restart
  RESTART_POS T
  RESTART_COUNTERS T
  RESTART_VEL T
  RESTART_THERMOSTAT T
&END EXT_RESTART
@ENDIF

in the same directory where I done the calculation but alas! it appears it
started again from scratch. The file sm-scan3-1_275.restart is the last restart
file I got so I assumed it contains all the required information.

If I cannot restart it that way, and as I am close to the convergence
criteria, can I simply use the last frames and use that as a starting point? I
don't have that much experience with NEB and I would like to get a sound
result and not a biased one, if that makes sense.

All the best from a mild London!

Jörg

Jörg Saßmannshausen
University College London