build_libsmm generate small1

Alfio Lazzaro alaz... at cray.com
Wed Sep 18 19:35:53 UTC 2013

Hi Joe,
sorry I was busy with a workshop this week, don't have much time to reply
to you.
First of all, it is a good idea to switch everything to Intel compiler. I
found that it gives better performance than GNU when compiling libsmm.
Then, I understood correctly that with this new setup you are able to
execute small1 up to

/output_linux.intel/small_find_9_32_32.x >
output_linux.intel/small_find_9_32_32.out

? If so, than it means that my guess that the the problem was in MKL
compatibility with GNU was correct.
Definitely now you are facing a different problem.

I downloaded your file and compiled with:

ifort -O2 -funroll-loops -vec-report2 -warn -xHost -fno-inline-functions
-nogen-interfaces -openmp -nolib-inline -static-intel
small_find_9_32_32.f90 -o small_find_9_32_32.x -mkl=sequential

and then I did:

export OMP_NUM_THREADS=1; ./small_find_9_32_32.x

It works for me (ifort version 13.1.0)...

Now, I can suggest to try to use:

ulimit -s unlimited

If it still doesn't work, then I can also suggest to try to add this flag
during compilation: -heap-arrays 64
The problem is that Intel compiler puts temporaries on the stack, which
might lead to segmentation faults is the stack limit is set to low.

Alfio