[CP2K:4615] help me I spent a lot of time to do these four things

Marcella Iannuzzi marc... at pci.uzh.ch
Wed Sep 18 08:19:14 UTC 2013

Hi …

I would suggest that you proceed step by step first testing your set-up with simple energy and forces calculations.
For a simple bulk structure you should be able to converge the scf in a reasonable number of steps, and find that the forces on atoms are close to zero.
You should test the parameters in your input on efficiency and accuracy.
cp2k is a code for supercell calculations (no k-point). This means that it is thought for large simulation cells, including several replica of the unit cell.
Then please use a proper number of replica of the unit cell in the definition of the subsystem, and check the convergence with cell size, as you would do with a k-point calculation with the number of k-points in the mesh.
If you use scaled coordinates, add the SCALED keyword.
Since k-points are not implemented, the band structure cannot be calculated, but you can easily get the projected density of states.

Once you have well converged energy calculations, you can check the stress tensor to determine how far from equilibrium your system is.
The cell optimizer can be used in combination with the geometry optimizer if needed.
As alternative, you can rescale box and coordinates and keep on performing total energy calculations to determine the energy-vs-volume curves

regards
Marcella

Marcella Iannuzzi              Phone : ++41 44 635 4479
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  marc... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland