[CP2K:4585] IR of H2O molecule

JianJun Yang jjyan... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 17:42:06 UTC 2013

Hello,
I'd like to update my progress on this issue.
It turns out the rotation of the molecule is responsible for the peak
splitting, as Ari said. To control the rotation motion of the molecule, we
have to combine "ANGVEL_ZERO" with "none-periodic" calculation. In that
way, I got the correct IR vibrational frequencies for H2O molecule.

But, I have another question again about the intensity of the IR. It looks
the intensity ratio of the 3 modes is not correct. The IR was obtained from
Travis program. My question is that how the Travis program work on IR
calculation? Has it considered the prefactor of the FT of the dipole
correlation function to get the correct intensity? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Jianjun