[CP2K:4755] testing on simulation cell

Marcella Iannuzzi marc... at pci.uzh.ch
Tue Oct 29 05:59:31 UTC 2013

Dear Huan,
I think you should not use methods blindly, and read first the related literature.
In the specific case, you should read more on the Martyna-Tuckerman Poisson solver and more on the GPW method,
in order to understand how to prepare your setup for the simulations.
The correct references are even given in the cp2k reference manual:
Martyna, GJ; Tuckerman, ME. JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS, 110 (6), 2810-2821 (1999).
A reciprocal space based method for treating long range interactions in ab initio and force-field-based calculations in clusters.

VandeVondele, J; Krack, M; Mohamed, F; Parrinello, M; Chassaing, T; Hutter, J.COMPUTER PHYSICS COMMUNICATIONS, 167 (2), 103-128 (2005).
QUICKSTEP: Fast and accurate density functional calculations using a mixed Gaussian and plane waves approach.

In particular,  there you can find how to choose the cell size for the MT poisson solver,
and how multi grids and relative cutoff are used within the GPW scheme.

regards
Marcella