[CP2K:4708] Re: Why simulation with PBE functional is too slow?

Huan Wang huan... at mail.huji.ac.il
Mon Oct 7 20:52:07 UTC 2013

Dear Matt,

I am sorry for late response.
Is the information below matched what you said?

Huan
--------------------

 SCF PARAMETERS       Density guess:                       ATOMIC

                                      max_scf:
        150
                                      max_scf_history:
        0
                                      max_diis:
           4

                                     eps_scf:
 1.00E-05
                                     eps_scf_history:
 0.00E+00
                                     eps_diis:
 1.00E-01
                                     eps_eigval:
1.00E-05

                                     level_shift [a.u.]:
       0.00

                                    Outer loop SCF in use
                                    No variables optimised in outer loop
                                    eps_scf
 1.00E-05
                                    max_scf
      20
                                    No outer loop optimization
                                    step_size
5.00E-01

 SCF WAVEFUNCTION OPTIMIZATION
  ----------------------------------- OT
---------------------------------------
  Allowing for rotations:  F
  Optimizing orbital energies:  F
  Minimizer      : DIIS                : direct inversion
                                                in the iterative subspace
                            using          : -   7 DIIS vectors
                                                - safer DIIS on
  Preconditioner : FULL_KINETIC        : cholesky inversion of T + eS
  Precond_solver : DEFAULT
  stepsize          :    0.15000000
  energy_gap      :   0.20000000

  eps_taylor      :   0.10000E-15
  max_taylor     :                   4

  mixed_precision    : F

  *** SCF run converged in    54 steps ***

  Electronic density on regular grids:        -54.0000000100
-0.0000000100
  Core density on regular grids:               54.9999999999
-0.0000000001
  Total charge density on r-space grids:        0.9999999898
  Total charge density g-space grids:           0.9999999898

  Overlap energy of the core charge distribution:
0.00000266573281
  Self energy of the core charge distribution:
-224.19565117090505
  Core Hamiltonian energy:
 64.65904182780211
  Hartree energy:
 90.68411689043555
  Exchange-correlation energy:
-24.59932151750673
  Dispersion energy:
 -0.01041102029456

  Total energy:
 -93.46222232473586

  outer SCF iter =  1  RMS gradient = 0.96E-05   energy =  -93.4622223247
  outer SCF loop converged in   1 iterations or   54 steps

  Integrated absolute spin density  :
0.0000000001
  Ideal and single determinant S**2 :                    0.000000
 -0.000000