[CP2K:4660] nuclear-nuclear repulsion energy

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Thu Oct 3 07:40:28 UTC 2013

Hi

the nuclear repulsion energy is never explicitely calculated in
Quickstep. The reason for that is that using the GPW method
only the total electrostatic energy (nuclear+electronic) is
calculated. This is needed in periodic calculations to avoid
non-converging sums.
Of course, for non-periodic systems you can easily calculate
this quantity from the trajectory output.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland