Choosing parameters in CP2K

Andreas Funk fu... at chemie.uni-siegen.de
Tue Oct 1 13:22:56 UTC 2013

Dear Huan,

I can give you reply to your second question. You should use the D3 method.
It is less empirical than the D2 method and improved some other issues,
i.e. it takes the molecular geometry better into consideration. My own
experience is that the D3 method gives more reliable results with weak
interactions. I suggest you also compute the C9 term. Maybe you should also
read the paper of Grimme: J. Chem. Phys. 132, 154104 (2010); doi:
10.1063/1.3382344. It explains the D3 method in detail.

Best regards,
Andreas