CP2K - new version release - 2.4

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 20:07:23 UTC 2013

Dear All,

the new CP2K version 2.4 (June 13, 2013) is released.
The new version includes a series of bug fixes and the following new functionalities:

GPW-MP2 & RPA
Adaptive QM/MM
Non-local vDW functionals, PBEsol
Integrated basis set optimisation
Support for non-linear core corrected pseudos
Additional linear scaling algorithms and properties
Possibility of using image charges
Periodic RESP charges
PLUMED support
ELPA eigensolver support
libxc support
Improved ifort/MKL support
process topology mapping for Cray Gemini

We invite everybody to download and use the new version, by checking out our SourceForge project page.
There are also pre-compiled statically linked sopt and ssmp executables for Linux available for download.
The new manual can be accessed via http://manual.cp2k.org/ as usual.

We invite you to report any issue here, or in case of confirmed bug, opening a ticket on the SourceForge cp2k page.

Best,
CP2K team