The order of Wannier orbital indices in the output files.

JQ gohjin... at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 14:36:31 UTC 2013

Dear CP2K users,

I have a moderate sized system which I am interested to print out the
Wannier orbitals at a particular site. For example, the Wannier orbital
positioned between carbon and phosphorus atoms.

First, I started with an energetic calculation and print out Wannier
centers. After getting the corresponding centers' indices, I can determine
the interested sites and I will restart the calculation with exactly the
same input files and parameters, except that asking CP2K to print out the
selected cube files for the selected sites. However, I notice the indices
of Wannier centers will not always be consistent as compared to the first
calculation and I can't always get the orbitals I am interested in.

I guess one possibility could be due to the parallel calculation on a
computer cluster. The collection of wannier information may not be arranged
in the same order due to the parallel processing. Or could this be the case
related to the algorithm calculating the Wannier orbitals (which can't be
unique)?

Please find the attached files for your information (system size = 91) and
the output for your reference. Input parameters like SCF and etc are for
testing purpose only. Thanks.