Quickstep: SCF Energy increasing after few outer-SCF cycles

Sharma SRK Chaitanya Yamijala sharma... at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 08:52:45 UTC 2013

Dear Flo, Matt and CP2K users,

I have  changed the preconditioner as well as the energy gap as suggested
by Flo and Matt and now the runs are exiting normally. When I just changed
the energy gap it has worked for some systems but not for all. Whereas,
when I used both of them, then it is working for all the systems (till now
what I have considered). Yet, I haven't checked the results only by
changing the preconditioner to FULL_SINGLE_INVERSE. Once I get them, I will
post.

Many thanks to Flo and Matt,
Sincerely,
Sharma.