examples on : fixing ions during relaxation / usage as a library

Denis Davydov davy... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 14:35:00 UTC 2013

Dear users,

I would like to try using CP2K, since there are not many tutorials and/or
well described
toy-problem examples available on-line, maybe someone could point me to
simple examples of FCC copper/aluminum modeling.
I am interested in :

1)
Calculation of surface energy of a slab while having
some ions (say at the bottom) fixed and therefore excluded from
optimization.
(section FIXED_ATOMS and other sections to relax ionic and electronic
degrees of freedom)

2) Usage of CP2K as a library, something like:

  MPI_Comm_split(MPI_COMM_WORLD,my_color,0,&comm_cp2k);
  cp2k   = new CP2K_NS::CP2K(0,NULL, comm_cp2k);
  cp2k.run("my_input.txt");

Or maybe some particular sources on-line where those issues were, at least
roughly, discussed.

Kind regards,
Denis