Question about QM/MM PBC calculation

marci marc... at pci.uzh.ch
Fri Nov 16 09:15:35 UTC 2012

Dear Ruibin

The QM box in QMMM is not periodic.
However, for such a system I would rather suggest a multiple force
environment strategy, where all the subsystems can be periodic.
I would set-up 3 force environments:
A full system MM
B water QM
C water MM
The total energy is then E_A +E_B -E_C, and the forces on water are F_A +
F_B -F_C

regards
marcella