[CP2K:3828] Re: Compile cp2k with CUDA on mac osx

Urban Borštnik urban.b... at gmail.com
Mon May 21 07:30:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

which defines did you use in compiling?  Since the error you report is
an out-of-memory error, I assume you used both __CUDAPW and
__DBCSR_CUDA.  Unfortunately, these are slightly incompatible withut a
modified input file because one reserves most of the memory for itself,
leaving the other one without any memory.  Try setting the
GLOBAL/CUDA/MEMORY (in kiB) to some sane value.  I would guess around
20000 and then adjust as necessary from there: if you get a similar out
of memery message the value is too big.  If it's too small you will
probably get some other message.

Also note that using multiple cards from one process is unsupported.
You should use 2 MPI processes per box to take advantage of both cards.

Cheers,
Urban.