short range basis sets

Sandeep Kumar Reddy kuma... at gmail.com
Sat May 12 10:09:39 UTC 2012

Dear all
           I would like to run molecular dynamics of a liquid system where
i am more interested in the structure than energetics. This system contains
825 atoms. When i run the system using DZVP-MOLOPT-GTH basis set, it takes
long time for single step. Keeping in mind the resources we have, this
calculation will run for  months  to obtain at least 10 ps.

Since i am more interested in structure, can i use short range basis sets
(DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH) in-place of above ? Will this introduce any errors in
structure determination ?

 please suggest few references where i can learn about SR basis set.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sandeep