STM image simulation of spin-polarized calculation

marci marc... at pci.uzh.ch
Tue May 1 07:02:36 UTC 2012

Dear Irene,

the behavior that you observe is obviously not apropriate.
This should not happen with metallic system. In that case the Fermi
energy
is properly determined.
For systems with a gap the energy of the highest occupied state is
used as Fermi energy.
This is not optimal for STM simulations, and it needs a fix.
Thanks for reporting the problem.

regards
Marcella