[CP2K:3746] Cartesian vs. spherical Gaussians in Quickstep

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Fri Mar 16 06:55:05 UTC 2012

Hi

CP2K uses contracted spherical Gaussian functions. Internally,
to calculate integrals, these functions are transformed into
primitive Cartesian functions and then the integrals are transformed
back.

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland