[CP2K:3741] Re: cp2k on IBM Blue Gene

Wei wei.a... at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:54:41 UTC 2012

Dear Iain,

today I have tried to compile cp2k on Blue Gene/Q with the arch file you
provided in the paper, I got some internal compiler error after some time,

** topology_psf   === End of Compilation 1 ===
1501-510  Compilation successful for file topology_psf.f90.
** fist_environment_types   === End of Compilation 1 ===
1501-510  Compilation successful for file fist_environment_types.f90.
** qs_environment_types   === End of Compilation 1 ===
1585-100  Internal compiler error -- please contact your service
representative. For more information visit:
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21110810
1501-511  Compilation failed for file qs_environment_types.f90.
make[1]: *** [qs_environment_types.o] Error 255

Do you maybe have tried it already? or have you seen this error previously
on BG/P?

I download the most recent version from the trunk, and my acrh file is

CC = xlc
CPP = cpp -traditional -E
FC = mpixlf95_r -qsuffix=f=f90
LD = mpixlf95_r
AR = ar -r
DFLAGS = -D__HAS_NO_ISO_C_BINDING -D__AIX -D__ESSL -D__FFTSG -D__parallel \
-D__BLACS -D__SCALAPACK -D__FFTW3
FFTW3_BASE = /bgsys/local/fftw3/3.3.2/fftw_g/
CPPFLAGS = -C $(DFLAGS) -P -I$(FFTW3_BASE)/include
FCFLAGS = -O2 -qarch=450d -qtune=450 -qstrict -qessl
FCFLAGS2 = -O0 -qarch=450d -qtune=450 -qessl
LDFLAGS = $(FCFLAGS)
LIBS = /bgsys/local/scalapack/2.0.1_g/lib/libscalapack.a \
/bgsys/local/lapack/3.3.0_g/lib/liblapack.a \
$(FFTW3_BASE)/lib/libfftw3.a \
/opt/ibmmath/essl/5.1/lib64/libesslbg.a

OBJECTS_ARCHITECTURE = machine_aix.o
bibliography.o: bibliography.F
         $(FC) -c $(FCFLAGS2) $<

Since we don't need LIBINT, I just removed all the related library path to
make the compilation easier.. Also I didn't include libblacsF77init.a and
libblacs.a, I cannot find them on our system, but our admin said they are
integrated in libscalapack.a.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best

Wei