[CP2K:3942] PES Scan B3LYP

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Mon Jul 30 08:15:02 UTC 2012

Hi

the closest to a potential energy scan is a rerun of a given
trajectory. You have to provide a series of geometries in
the format of a CP2K trajectory file and then run a
trajectory analysis job.
For testing purposes I would use a semiempirical method (PM6)
or a non-hybrid DFT method. You can run straightforward B3LYP
but this will not give you the advantages of CP2K.

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland