[CP2K:3974] CP2K PM6 result does not consistent with MOPAC PM6

Bharat Sharma bharats... at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:42:58 UTC 2012

Dear Hutter,

Thank you for your reply.

Au parameters are correct as reported in paper. I started the calculation
with the Ag-O distance of 2.03Angstrom both in CP2K and MOPAC (simply same
initial geometry). The uptimized bond length of Ag-O from CP2K is 1.90 A
where as from MOPAC is 2.03A which is consistent with PM6 results in "AM1*
parameters for palladium and silver, J Mol Model (2011) 17:2585–2600)".

I did not one shot energy calculation with Ag-O distance of 2.03A in CP2K
but the heat of formation is 135.7645 kcal/mole but from MOPAC is
98.21kcal/mole.

I did the test calculation of AgH+, Ag(NH3)4+, AgF from both in CP2K and
MOPAC but results are fairly similar( error ~ or less 1 kcal/mole).

In all test calculations, the initial geometries for CP2K and MOPAC are
same.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Bharat Sharma