[CP2K:3970] How to open the EXTERNAL FILE in CP2K

Iain Bethune ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 8 06:57:07 UTC 2012

Unit 6 is normally connection to standard output in Fortran, so you'll need to use a different unit number.

Alternatively, there are subroutines in cp_files.F to open and close files, ensuring a valid unit number is chosen for you.

Cheers

- Iain

--

Iain Bethune
Applications Consultant, EPCC

Email: ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Twitter: @IainBethune
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
Mob: +44 (0)7598317015
Addr: 2404 JCMB, The King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ

On 7 Aug 2012, at 22:30, bharat wrote:

> Dear experts,
>
> I can not open the external file with the following command in CP2K. I added the following command in semi_empirical_int_ana.F file.
>        OPEN(UNIT=6, FILE="test.txt", ACTION="write", STATUS="new")
>         write(6,*) "My xab value is: ",xab
>         close(6)
> Can you please help me to open the external file and write the specific parameters during job run?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
> Bharat Sharma

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.