[CP2K:3477] energy convergence question

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Fri Sep 2 17:15:18 UTC 2011

Hi

if you change the box size for a given cutoff you might get
oscillations due to the integer number of grid points.

- Test the cutoff for a fixed box size by increasing the cutoff
  (I would use larger intervals and higher cutoffs if convergence
    is important)

- find the best box size at this cutoff by enlarging the box.
  Use isolated boundary conditions (Ewald method and periodicity none)
  for best results.

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland