Is it possible to study/converge magnetic surfaces? repost..

marci marc... at pci.uzh.ch
Fri Oct 28 11:16:49 UTC 2011

Dear Valerio,

If you re speaking of the  '# Total charge and spin" given at the end
of the population analysis, it should not give always integer numbers
if the smearing in activated and the calculation is spin polarized.
If this is not the case, it might be a problem of the version of the
code. The correct smearing with LSD was implemented early this year.

The rules to choose the parameters are the same as with other codes
used with metallic systems.
Consider that the default electronic temperature in cp2k is quite low
(300K) if compared to typical values used with other codes.
But you can always increase it from input, and this should help in
speeding the convergence up.

ciao
Marcella